Smoothies can be a healthy breakfast or snack food. Depending on the ingredients, they can also be high in calories. Bananas smoothies are simple to make and easy to customize. You only need five minutes to make a banana smoothie.
I love this recipe and make all the time. It is handy if you are looking for something fast and delicious that you can make for breakfast, or a healthy after school or work snacks.
I often think that people don’t really need a recipe for a smoothie. But if you are like me, you get in the habit of making the same smoothie over and over again.
If you like to experiment with food, you can add extra ingredients aside from what’s listed in this post. You can substitute in different fruits, or even different liquids. Feel free to make it to your own taste.
However,I think this recipe is pretty perfect as it is!
For my smoothie, I buy the fruits needed and freeze them myself at home. That way, I don’t need to add ice. If you like, you can use frozen fruit. They are readily available at the grocery store.
The only tool you’ll need for this smoothie recipe is a blender
Ingredients for Smoothie
- 4 frozen strawberries
- 1 frozen banana sliced
- ½ milk or plain water, or orange juice
- 6 oz plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 ½ scoop whey protein powder
- Combine all ingredients, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Voila! Then, enjoy. Yummy!
- If you are using a high-powered blender, you can just throw everything in any order. If you have a cheaper blender, put the liquid in first and the frozen fruit last.
- Start your blender on a low speed and work up to a higher speed.