Masturbation makes you crave spicy food and actually increases your sex drive! Will wake up your libido and actually cause you to become more lustful as a result. And did you know that if you are a man, and you masturbate a lot, you can actually go blind and become infertile? How do you avoid this? Read on.
Oopsy! Everything I talked about above is WRONG!
Masturbation is a normal and healthy sexual activity with few side effects. People masturbate for many reasons.
These include pleasure, enjoyment, fun, and tension release. Some individuals masturbate alone, while others masturbate with a partner.Other people don’t and that’s fine: it’s a personal choice.
There’s a whole lot of falsehood around masturbation today, for example that it causes blindness, insanity, acne and even hair growth. I bet you have lots of questions begging to be answered about masturbation.
- It gives you pleasure, and can help you learn what you like and don’t like sexually. Men can to learn how to control their orgasms, while women can find out what helps them to achieve an orgasm.
- You have no risk of pregnancy or catching a sexually transmitted infection (STI)when you do it on your own. However, there is a risk of pregnancy if sperm is transferred to the vagina on your or your partner’s fingers.
- There is a risk of catching an STI if you touch someone else’s genitals and then touch your own. This is because STIs can be passed on through infected semen or vaginal fluid.
- You can have infection if you use sex toys during masturbation and someone else with an STI has used them before you.If you’re sharing sex toys, wash them between each use and, where possible, put a new condom on them each time. Find out more about cleaning sex toys.
- You are unlikely to do yourself any harm; although there is a risk of soreness, cuts or bruising if you masturbate too roughly or too hard, or use an object that could hurt you or cause damage.
- It will not affect your ability to produce sperm. You will not run out of sperm, as you produce it continuously.
- It is harmless, but if you do it a lot your genitals may feel sore. If men do it a lot in a short space of time, they can get a slightly alarming looking swelling of the penis, caused by fluid in the tissues. The swelling does disappear within a day or two.
However, if you are addicted to masturbation, and feel it is interfering with your everyday life, talking to a healthcare professional may help.