It is not true not only people with diabetes that can have high blood sugar. You can have high blood and know it till sadly, it gets so bad that you collapse due to the damage done to your blood vessels.
I have seen it happen many times; people get rushed in to the hospital because they lost consciousness we check their blood sugar and it is in the 300’s. Some even get as high the 600’s. And we’ve had patients get into diabetic coma that they don’t wake up from.
So, what are the warning signs and symptoms that you could have high blood sugar:
- You have constant feeling of hunger, bloating.
- You have headache and blurred vision.
- Do you suffer from Increased thirst and dry mouth?
- Noticing unexplained weight loss when you are not trying to loss weight?
- Need to urinate often
- You notice that you have dry skin.
- Urinary tract infection (UTI)
- Increased tiredness and drowsiness
- You have difficulty with concentration.
- As a man you notice decreased libido and potency.
- If you have a wound and you notice that it takes a long time to heal.
Please, if you notice the above signs and symptoms, see your health care provider health to get more workup done and determine the best approach needed for management.