Let’s talk about the big “O” and no, it’s not Oprah. Isn’t it nice when you find out there are health benefits to something you were doing anyway? In this case, that something is sex.
Well, orgasms specifically. They are fun, they are free and they are super healthy. For men, it’s like going downhill in a Sports car, and for women, is like going uphill in a Volvo.
Various studies have revealed it has many health benefits pharmaceutical companies wish they could package and market it as a drug.
When next you climb between the sheets, keep these tips on orgasm in mind.
- They boost your immune system by releasing a DHEA, which helps balance your immune system, promotes bone health, and assists in repairing tissues
- Orgasms may help in eating healthfully byactivating the production of phenethylamines, a natural amphetamine that aids in regulating your appetite.
- They could help reduce your risk of heart disease.Studies have suggested that having orgasms three or more times per week can reduce the risk of heart attack or stroke by about 50 percent.
- Orgasms trigger the release of oxytocin a feel-good hormone that can help to relieve headaches and arthritis and whiplash pain.
- Orgasms are great for anti-aging: they release testosterone and estrogen which are also great to keep you young and vital
- Following orgasm, guys usually experience a quick drop in blood pressure and fall into “sudden relaxation.” For Women, it’s slower, but it’s just as powerful. Endorphins help calm your body and your brain and help you sleep
- A British study of 1,000 people found those who had at least two orgasms per week had half the death rate of those who have sex once (or less) per month.
In essence, while an apple a day keeps the doctor away, an orgasm a day will help you reduce risk of heart attacks and stroke.