Do you sometimes feel sad and have mood swings? Eat a banana. Studies shows that eating a banana can help relieve depression and anxiety by stimulating the serotonin levels in your body.
A banana has approximately 30% of your daily recommended intake of vitamin B6. It helps your brain produce serotonin, which is considered a mood stabilizer. Serotonin impacts motor skills and emotions. It is also the chemical that help with sleep and digestion food.
Other health benefits of bananas are:
- It easy on the stomach
- Controls diarrhea and constipation
- Good remedy for urinary problems
- The peel helps reduce inflammation
- Will help you lose weight
- Protect you against ulcer
- May help cures kidney disorders
- Relieves your menstrual problem
- Will help provides relief from constipation
- If you have piles and anemia, will help to treat it
- Gives relief from arthritis and gout
- Boots eye and bone health