A tooth ache is something we have all experienced at least once in our life time; more than that, over 90% of adults have had some form of tooth decay.
Effective tooth ache remedies do not have to cost you a fortune as there are lots of affordable treatment methods you can try at home to kill a tooth ache in a minute.
Tooth Ache Home Remedies:
- Cold compress: this is effective for any kind of pain you are experiencing. Put ice in a bag, wrap it with a clean cloth and place on your aching tooth for 15 minutes to numb the nerves and reduce inflammation and swelling.
- Peppermint tea: Add 1 teaspoon of dried peppermint leaves or peppermint tea bag to a cup of boiling water and let it brew for 20 minutes. Then, use the mixture to rinse your mouth.
- Hydrogen peroxide: used as a mouth wash, will relieve pain and discomfort, manage plague, heal bleeding gum and kill bad bacteria. Mix 3% hydrogen peroxide with equal parts water. Do not swallow it. Once you spit it out, make sure to rinse your mouth with pure water a few times.
- Clove or clove oil: it has eugenol, which is a natural antiseptic. In a pinch, use a small amount of powdered clove on the tooth or chew the whole clove a little to release its oil. Also, you can use a tiny amount of clove oil, about 2 drops, and place it on the affected area until the pain subsides.
- Guava leaves: Help fight bacteria, reduce swelling, alleviate toothaches and also relieve mouth ulcers and swollen gums. Either simply chew a leaf or two until the juice starts working on the affected tooth. Or, place few guava leaves in boiling water, allow the liquid to cool to a warm temperature, and then add a sprinkle of sea salt. Use this solution as a mouthwash.
- Thyme: it’s anti bacteria and anti-oxidant properties makes it an excellent tooth ache solution. Mix a few drops of thyme essential oil with water on a cotton ball. Once the oil is diluted, apply the cotton ball to the aching area.
- Salt water: is a natural disinfectant, and also an easy and effective remedy to cure a toothache. Mix 1/2 tsp of salt into a glass of warm water and use it as a mouthwash. It also prevents swelling and cleans the area around the toothache