To Reiterate, up to 80% of the general population who are infected recover without any need to seek care.
Coronavirus affects different people in different ways. Most infected people will develop mild to moderate symptoms such as:
• Dry cough
• Aches and pains.
• Nasal congestion.
• Runny nose.
• Sore throat.
On average it takes 5–6 days from when someone is infected with the virus for symptoms to show, however it can take up to 14 days.
If you feel sick, with mild/ moderate symptoms:
• Stay home
• Call your doctor/healthcare provider or urgent care facility and explain your symptoms over the phone
Take precautions if you are living with or caring for someone who is sick.
• Wear a mask if you are caring for someone who has respiratory symptoms.
• Clean counters, door knobs, phones and tablets frequently, using disinfectant cleaners or wipes.
Go to the nearest ER ASAP, if you develop any of these warning signs for COVID-19:
• Trouble breathing
• Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
• New confusion or inability to arouse/wake up
• Bluish lips or face