Congratulations; winners of the November 10K NAIRA giveaway!!!
- Jamir Aminu
- Jane Odairo
- Kalu Janet
- Osunde Emmanuel
- Jonah Oluwaiye
Bonus: Loyal follower 10k giveaway
- Nwosu Comfort A
Comment your city, bank details
Show proof that you are following me on instagram, Facebook and YouTube
Name listed above must match your account information.
Question: Why is calcium beneficial?
Calcium is a mineral that is necessary for life. In addition to building bones and keeping them healthy, calcium enables our blood to clot, our muscles to contract, and our heart to beat. About 99% of the calcium in our bodies is in our bones and teeth.
- Calcium is an essential mineral that does far more than boost your bone health
- It is vital for proper nerve and muscle function and plays a role in the regulation of hormones such as insulin
- The most common symptoms of low calcium level is muscle spasms
- Left untreated, low calcium level may cause osteoporosis or tetanic seizures
- Low calcium levels are relatively easy to treat by eating diets higher in calcium instead of supplements
- Dairy products are not the only food sources of calcium
- Vitamin D can make calcium absorption more efficient.
Sources of calcium include:
- milk, cheese and other dairy foods.
- green leafy vegetables – such as curly kale, okra and spinach.
- soya drinks with added calcium.
- bread and anything made with fortified flour.
- fish where you eat the bones – such as sardines and pilchards